Links to location related stuff.
Discover a random spot around you.
Instagram for travel - Startup. Not bad, but too stylish. Nice to bookmark some places.
Offline maps that was good once.
PWA to plan tours. A bit slow ein weird UX, but it's all possible in the browser!
- sshuair/awesome-gis: Awesome GIS is for collecting the GIS related sources, including cartographer tools, geoanalysis tools, developing tools, data, conference & communities, news, MOOC's course, some amazing map site, etc.
- User:Grin/bookmarks - OpenStreetMap Wiki
- Top 19 geovisualization tools, APIs and libraries that will let you create beautiful web maps - Geoawesomeness
- outdooractive.com • Europe's largest outdoor platform 💲
- Komoot Discover | Routes and Must-Sees Where You Are
- AllTrails - Outdoor Guides | Hiking, Camping, Trail Running, Dog Friendly Trails 🇺🇸 💲
- Toursprung Maptoolkit - Toursprung 💲
- Walking Routes - OpenStreetMap Wiki ?!
- Foursquare API for Business and City 💲
melitele/byways: Content of the closed
- Oddities - A Waymarking.com Category - groundspeak/geocaching.com related
- Waymarking Mobile
- Triposo - API using Voyage Wiki and other Free Data
- GeoNames Database with POI, Wikipedia Data etc. 💡
- WIWOSM - OpenStreetMap Wiki
- Archive.org - 🎈 Public Lab: Does anyone know someone at Archive.org who can enable CORS for images of Harvey pollution? - https://archive.org/help/json.php
- Demo GeoNetwork server - GeoCat B.V.
- Chicago City Guide | CitySeeker just big cities, nothing special
- World-wide Ancient Site Database, Photos and Prehistoric Archaeology News with geolocation : The Megalithic Portal and Megalith Map: - use from wikipedia instead
- Großsteingräber und Megalithbauwerke - Startseite interesting but not open (c) https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1Yimj5phJ30XYUBJIu_7BH8yU_6c&ll=54.46166044314363%2C12.658709190307604&z=9
Travelplaner and Portals
Tripline travel stories, straight forward
Historypin - Connecting communities with local history - Historypin is a place for people to share photos and stories, telling the histories of their local communities.
- OpenStreetMap 💡
- uMap 💡 OSM based My Places clone to build maps
- Google My Maps 💲
- Apple Maps on the Web - Maps- Apple Developer 💲
- Turf.js | Advanced geospatial analysis
- thephpleague/geotools: Geo-related tools PHP 5.4+ library built atop Geocoder and React libraries
- anthonymartin/GeoLocation.php: Retrieve bounding coordinates and distances with GeoLocation.php - calc bounding box
- bjorn2404/jQuery-Store-Locator-Plugin: A store locator plugin using Google Maps API version 3
- kobesin/GeoConvert: Converting between Geojson and GIS file formats
- wbkd/leaflet-swoopy: Swoopy Arrow Plugin for Leaflet
- epicbit/leaflet-data-markers: Extends L.divIcon to add data attributes.
- makinacorpus/Leaflet.Snap: Enables snapping of draggable markers to polylines and other layers
- maximeh/leaflet.bouncemarker: A plugin for Leaflet to have a bounce animation when adding a Marker to a map
- ewoken/Leaflet.MovingMarker: A Leaflet plug-in to create moving marker
stefanocudini/leaflet-layerJSON: Build dynamic JSON Layer via Ajax/JSONP with caching
💬 offers quick results. caching is quite simple.
- labs is created by Stefano Cudini to demonstrate and test his own projects and works.
- Turbo87/leaflet-sidebar: A responsive sidebar for Leaflet maps
- allartk/leaflet.offline: Leaflet offline layer
- A Modern Leaflet Toolbar
- Overpass API - query detailed location data like bars, churches etc.
- OpenStreetMap Nominatim: Search - OSM Geocoding
- Photon, search-as-you-type with OpenStreetMap - OSM Geocoding
- AirMap Developers - Drones and Airtraffic Data (AirMap API | ProgrammableWeb)
- Spatial.ai - Neighborhood API (whats around right now?)
- GDELT GEO 2.0 API Debuts! - GDELT Blog - Map Search Queries for news or other topics
- Waymarked Trails - Hiking
- POIplaza | Free Points of Interests (POI) for iGO, Garmin, Sygic, TomTom and other popular navigation systems.
- POI Factory | GPS and other interesting topics
- Google My Maps
- Historic Place 💡
- HistOSM 2
- Wikipedia:WikiProjekt Georeferenzierung/Anwendungen – Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:WikiProjekt Georeferenzierung/Hauptseite/Wikipedia-World/en – Wikipedia
- geojson.xyz fast access of GeoJSON data for web mapping examples and experiments.
- Geofabrik Tools Map compare, debugging, overlay
- GeoHash Area Check Tool
- tomscholz/geojson-editor: A modified version of Googles Simple GeoJSON Editor
- geojson.io Leaflet based Geojson Editor
- OSM TagFinder
- OpenStreetBrowser - Max Speed Roads
- KeplerJs is a open source geosocial solution that lets users share favorite places and join discussions in real-time. It can be seen as a platform where users can interact with other open data platforms OpenStreetMap among other sources.
- MapPost Bookmark websites with location data. Available as as web app and for mobile.
Geohashes, Open Location Codes
- Geohash Intro
- Using geohash for proximity searches?
- php - Group coordinates by proximity to each other - Stack Overflow
- Geohashes and You – postzen
- nowelium/geohash-mysql-func: geohash function for mysql
Open Location Codes are a new open address format by google that solves a few problems described here: Evaluation of Location Encoding Systems · google/open-location-code Wiki
- salavert/open-location-code: PHP port of Open Location Codes, a short code generator that can be used like street addresses, for places where street addresses don't exist
- Leaflet formula: Counting markers within a radius | Chris Essig jquery, leaflet
- Animating Leaflet Markers (the hacky way)
- Data URI SVG icons with Leaflet
Leaflet custom icon resize on zoom. Performance icon vs divicon - Stack Overflow
L.iconDivis faster than
Loading 100-200K markers on google map - Stack Overflow
- enjalot/wwsd: working with spatial data - workshop materials
- ❗ Map Effects 100 beautiful map effects
Accuracy and Precesion
|Decimal Places||Aprox. Distance||Say What?|
|1||10 kilometers||6.2 miles|
|2||1 kilometer||0.62 miles|
|3||100 meters||About 328 feet|
|4||10 meters||About 33 feet|
|5||1 meter||About 3 feet|
|6||10 centimeters||About 4 inches|
|7||1.0 centimeter||About 1/2 an inch|
|8||1.0 millimeter||The width of paperclip wire.|
|9||0.1 millimeter||The width of a strand of hair.|
|10||10 microns||A speck of pollen.|
|11||1.0 micron||A piece of cigarette smoke.|
|12||0.1 micron||You're doing virus-level mapping at this point.|
|13||10 nanometers||Does it matter how big this is?|
|14||1.0 nanometer||Your fingernail grows about this far in one second.|
|15||0.1 nanometer||An atom. An atom! What are you mapping?|